top of page

The School


The school was founded on the 21st May 1430 and was known as The Chantry School of Holy Trinity. A century later, in the reign of Edward VI, the Charter was granted on the 17th June 1552 and ordained there should be forever a Grammar School at Stourbridge. It is now a sixth form mixed college.
The formation of the Old Edwardian Lodge of Stourbridge arose from a discussion at an Old Boys Annual Dinner. Preliminaries were quickly settled for the Lodge Consecration to be arranged, and a report on the Consecration appeared in the summer term 1946 issue of the “Stourbridge Edwardian” magazine.


The Banner bears the Royal Standard as it was when King Edward VI founded the school - The Royal Arms quartering the lions of England and the lilies of France - Gules, three lions passant quadrant in pale or, quartering azure three fleurs-de-lis argent.

 

The Lodge Banner was dedicated by R. W. Bro. Gen. Sir Francis J. Davies, K.C.B., K.C.M.G., K.C.V.O., V.L., Deputy Grand Master, Provincial Grand Master of Worcestershire, at the first regular meeting of the Lodge held on Tuesday 5th February 1946. The Banner was briefly described by Bro. The Ven. Canon A. P. Shepherd, Pro. G. Chap., and then dedicated with appropriate masonic prayer.

 

The Banner was presented to the Lodge by Bro. H. L. D. Perks, Senior Deacon of the Lodge and was designed by the College of Arts and Crafts, Margaret Street, Birmingham who also designed the Lodge Jewel.

Banner.jpeg

The Banner

Earliest photograph available which was taken at the Installation Meeting 5th November 1957
1957 Members_edited.jpg
bottom of page